Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trinidad Has Something To Say

"Felix" Tito Trinidad has put himself up there in the same category with his country's icons, Gomez and Benitez. Tito who pretty much fights for his entire nation will be back in action against the one time King of the pound-for-pound rankings Roy Jones jr. Tito is usually cool as a cucumber and never gets upset (unless you slam the Puerto Rican flag ala Bernard Hopkins)was not very happy to hear Roy Jones talk about knocking him out in 4 rounds. Here is what Tito had to say during his phone teleconference

"It is a promise that will not be fulfilled.” Trinidad responded icily. Although Trinidad stated that he didn’t care what Jones said, there was little question that Trinidad took umbrage at all of Jones’ talk of dominance.

“At the press conference he said he was going to KO me in four rounds,” Trinidad said through his translator, Jose “Pepe” Ramos, “I said that would be impossible since I was going to knock him out in the second.”

“Every weakness he will bring into the fight, I will discover in the ring and take advantage of, He has trouble with punchers, and I can punch.”

“I feel that I still have my punching power (at this weight), and that is something you never lose. People will see (on January 19th) that I still have the power.”

I still wish they would have met years ago in their primes, although they were in two different weight classes. They way you hear it from both camps fans will not get their moneys worth because the fight will not get past the fourth round.



Digg! StumbleUpon

No comments: