Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Malignaggi Has Some Words!


So as I stated yesterday that both guys have a genuine dislike for one another, then again Paulie Malignaggi can make anybody dislike him fast if that is his intention to do so. Malignaggi is a brilliant self promoter much like Prince Naseem Hamed, he fights in a similar fashion with the exception of knockout power. This same mastery of the English vocabulary mixed with charisma got him into his title shot, when Cotto was looking elsewhere. Paulie easily gets to his opponents due to the fact that every one see that skinny frame and a mouth that never stops running and wants to shut him up, the problem is that most can't keep up with his speed and agility. Here is what Malignaggi had to say about his opponent Herman Ngoudjo:

“Don’t worry about remembering my opponent’s name, because, no one will remember him anymore. I plan on punishing Ngoudjo and I will break him down for talking so much crap. If I win by knockout, it will be in the later rounds.I’m a gangster. I don’t worry about my opponents, but my opponents need to worry about me".
“I want to fight three or four times in this year. And I’m not talking about tomato cans, I want to have breakthrough fights.
Ngoudjo talked about taking the belt away. He will be going home empty handed.

Paulie is very focused and serious about this fight,although it may be hard to tell from his demeanor. One thing that you can say is this guy has a lot of heart and balls for all of the things that come out of his mouth. We will see Saturday if his mouth has wrote a check that his ass can't cash in his first IBF title defense
Digg! StumbleUpon

No comments: