Saturday, December 8, 2007

Hopkins and Calzaghe Flames

A fight nearly broke out between Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe today during their first face-to-face meeting at the MGM Grand Media Center in Las Vegas. "I would never let a white boy beat me," Hopkins told reporters. "You can print that. I would never lose to a white person." Hopkins also dissed Calzaghe's win over Mikkel Kessler. "Kessler is not in my league, man. Who is Kessler? You think Kessler was a true warrior?" Calzaghe stated, "He ducked me four years ago. He thinks he's a legend but he lost to Jermain Taylor twice and, believe me, he will lose to me.....He'll get his arse kicked, full stop. He's all mouth. He doesn't fight, he holds." Both fighters said they would make their showdown happen in 2008, possibly at Yankee Stadium in New York City.

"I'm not an easy guy to beat. I've ruined careers." said Bernard Hopkins. "Bring it on," Calzaghe said. "I will execute 'The Executioner.'" Hopkins walked over and stood face-to-face with Calzaghe. "I'm going to take that 0 from you," Hopkins said. "I'm a legend. I'm going to get you. I'm going to wreck your face. Calzaghe"I've been fighting for 25 years. I have this face for a reason. You will lose and it's going to be so sweet when I beat your ass. I can't wait to send him out. He will lose to me. I throw 1,000 punches a round. He throws 12. He's just talk. I'm going to whip his ass. He doesn't stand a chance."




Digg! StumbleUpon

No comments: